Fillan's Church was consecrated on 16 September 1789 and is the oldest existing church in Hitra. It replaced the smaller Our Saviour Church. Some artifacts from Our Savior's Church is preserved, including the pulpit from 1689 and the altarpiece from 1691, which is framed and hung up. Church's new altarpiece is from 1880.
Fillan's Church has a closed wall chair the same height as the gallery. This is Ansnesstolen, covered by a rich family from Ansnes and probably erected when the church was built. According to tradition, only people from Ansnes sit in this chair wall.
The cemetery at Fillan's Church was in 1979 erected a monument in memory of fishermen who have been lost at sea. On the monument is written up 62 names.