There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Averøy, an island situated at the entry of the Atlantic Ocean Road. This unique highway brings you out where the mainland ends and the great ocean begins. Neighbouring counties are: Eide, Gjemnes, Kristiansund and Frei.
The tunnel Atlanterhavstunnelen connects Averøy to Kristiansund. Bus service to Kristiansund, as well as Eide and Molde.
Bruhagen, with council building, shopping centre, garage, school, library, health and social services.
· The Atlantic Ocean Road, this unique highway brings you out where the mainland ends and the great ocean begins.
· West of the Atlantic Ocean Road lies the infamous shipping lane "Hustadvika" where the endless wrecks on the bottom of the sea bear a silent witness of past drama and death. This is an eldorado for sportdivers.
· The Bremsnes cave is the largest in Nordmøre and streches approximately 80 meters into the mountain.
· Kvernes Stave Church - Kvernes has had great significance as a religios and cultural gathering point in the region of Nordmøre.
· Kvernes Folk Museum - the museum is located in close proximity to the Kvernes Stave Church, and is an open-air museum, with 11 buildings gathered from Averøy and neighboring communities. The museum has a collection of more than 10.000 items.
· Rock Carvings from the Stone Age - two areas, Søbstad and Røsandberget.
· Great area for coastal and deep-sea fishing.
People have found their way to Averøy as far back as the Iceage (the Fosna culture). Today Averøy is a modern fishing-, aquaculture and farming community. Averøy has a lot to offer for people that enjoy fishing and outdoor life. Here are many cabin complexes, houses and waterfront flats for rent, many with boat as part of the package. Bruhagen and Kårvåg are service centers with many different shops and services. Restaurants, cafès and local hospitality.